Job vacancy Service Technician in machine construction
To expand our team, we are looking for a Service Technician.
Our team of technicians is seeking a colleague service technician to deliver/assemble machines and entire production lines at global locations. The service department consists of six colleagues (young and experienced) and two service managers. In the company premises in Ulft, this department has its own office space.
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS A SERVICE TECHNICIAN IN MACHINE CONSTRUCTION?
As a service technician, you are often on the road, sometimes alone and sometimes with others, depending on the tasks to be performed. The service department is managed by two service managers who also take care of the planning. When you are not on the road, you prepare assignments or support machine builders in assembling machines in the workshop. This allows you to gain relevant knowledge of machines internally, which is beneficial for external service activities. Service assembly assignments vary from one day to two weeks. For an assignment in the United States, for example, two weeks are planned, visiting multiple customers.
- Receive assignments, read diagrams and drawings, and determine the assembly sequence within the modular system.
- Assemble and check machines and systems, consisting of pneumatic, electrical, vision, and servo-controlled components.
- Perform related activities, analyze potential issues, and troubleshoot occurring malfunctions.
- Visit our customers in the Netherlands and abroad to resolve issues, install, set up, and commission machines or production lines.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SERVICE TECHNICIAN IN MACHINE CONSTRUCTION ROLE:
- Completed a technical vocational education (mbo-4), preferably in Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in machine construction.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar environment, preferably in machine construction.
- Experience in control technology, electrical engineering, and pneumatics.
- Experience with VISION and SERVO systems (preferably).
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to make independent decisions.
- Flexibility and enjoyment of occasional customer visits.
- Proficiency in Dutch, English, and German languages (preferably French).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time employment in an informal and healthy company with low employee turnover.
- Temporary contract with the prospect of a permanent contract.
- Competitive salary.
- Travel allowance.
- 27 vacation days supplemented with 13 roster-free days.
- Automatic participation in the PME (Pension Fund for Metal and Electro Industry).
- Optional use of Mevas services (leading intermediary in various insurances, including collective health insurance).
- Opportunities for further personal development through training/courses.
- Friendly and supportive colleagues.
- Accessible management.
Do you have any questions about this job vacancy? Contact Melissa van Leeuwen at 0621877353. Make this vacancy your new job.Apply now
If you don’t see your job vacancy listed or if you have any questions about any of our current job openings, feel free to contact our HR Manager.